Friday, April 06, 2007

You've heard of Dancing with Wolves?



This is our version called, "Sleeping with Cats". For some reason, perhaps the impending move, Just Jack (aka Fat Jack the Cat) has taken to sleeping with us every night. His brother, the handsome fella in grey, Goofy has always slept with us from the time he was a small kitten. Jack has always slept in his chair at the dining room table and believe me, E, me and one cat(who prefers to sleep sideways) is plenty for our king sized bed. E and I get 1/3 and Goof gets the rest.

Now you have to understand that the boys have a bit of sibling rivalry and are territorial. Goof does not get in Jack's chair and Jack does not sleep with us. So, this recent habit of Jack's to also join us in the evening has provoked a few hisses and swats during the night. Unfortunately, we are often caught in no-man's land between the two battling brothers.

The other morning I acutally caught the two of them almost side by side in the bed before I could get it made. I just let sleeping cats lie and grabbed my camera. This truce did not last too long so I am glad I snapped the shot when I did!

7 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

I have a few cats who sleep with us and sometimes one of the dogs gets into the mix and starts chasing them. Luckily he usually stops during the night!
Pam

Unknown said...

Cats are too funny. Our old cat, Boris, wants us to think he doesn't like the kitten, Oreo. But I find him quite often giving him a bath. If he knows we're watching him, he'll stop playing with the kitten and get that 'look' on his face. They're so funny.

madelineas said...

What a precious picture. That comforter looks nice and cozy, I don't blame them for curling up in it.

Cheryl said...

So cute. My son's cat sleeps on his TOP bunk while my son sleeps on the bottom. In the morning when I go in to watch DS up, the cat wakes up and then jumps down to start her day.

Cindy Marchant said...

Oh this is a funny post and I love the pic!!! Our cat likes to sllep in bed with us but has to phtsically be ON top of one us!! And she's heavy! Ugh! Yes I bet Jack is gettin nervous about the impending move. Poor sweety!

Cindy Marchant said...

Forgive all my typos this AM!!!

Ruth.E said...

My cats are never together for very long either unless one has jumped on top of the other. What is it about two cats, cant live with out each other and cant get on for long.
Ruth