Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What I owe CKMB






I see that CKMB has undergone even more "latest and greatest" updates to the mb. To me, it doesn't look that different....a few more pastel colors, a few more buttons to click and, although I seldom post there any more, I shall always be indebted to the CKMB for all the women I have met through this mb.

If I had not discovered it when I did, I would have never met the Scrappin' Sisters, Pete and Moni, from Cleveland, who were the first ones to reach out to me on the board. They were the foundation for the Cabana Crew who continues to grow to (I think) about 20 or so) with other great groups as well:The Smoochie Girls Society and the Rubber Suit Gals, the Bench Warmers and the Swinging gals from the Jungle and all the babes from Hilltop!

I've watched these women move, get married, get divorced, have a child, get published, make Dts, create wonderful projects and lovely memories, suffer hardships and share joys. I've met the women from CKMB at conventions across the United States and have chatted with them and exchanged e-mails by the hundreds. They were my good friends long before we ever met IRL. They have shared their lives freely with me and made it comfortable for me to do the same. They have been my family, my support system.

Do I miss the good ol' days where we would host a "Oh Cabana Boy, make mine a double" party that would last for hours on the mb? You betcha! But it is like a famous writer once said, "you can't go home again". And he was right!

Those of you who love me, know where to find me come hell or high water and, as of Friday (maybe Sat.) I'll be off -line for a bit due to the move...did you know I was moving? lol If all else fails, you can reach me through another of my blessings thanks to CKMB, the Kipster!

Don't forget me!

6 comments:

Kip said...

Awww. well you know how I feel!!!

:Jayne said...

Forget you? Ha!

:J

Cheryl said...

We didn't meet through the CKMB but I could never forget you either. I'm so excited that you are moving closer. I don't get to see you as often as my sister but it's always a treat when I do.

Best of luck in the move and we'll see you soon!

Michele L from Tampa said...

You are unforgetable! One of a kind! I will miss you, but will be busy while you are MIA, but I will know where to find you, and will see you a week week later.

Smooches!

Robin said...

Thanks woman!! You know us Swinging grils love you to death!! Have a safe move and can't WAIT to see your new scrap room all decked out!!

Pam in Moncton said...

I will not forget you and will see you in a little over a week! Good luck with the move!
Pam