Monday, April 23, 2007

How sad

We got an e-mail a bit ago from one of our good friends in st. Louis, Chuck. He told us that one of the guys he and I use to work with in our hall at Hazelwood Central, died. Don Newton had the newspaper for a while and taught English with Chuck and I. He 'lived' right down the hall from us for years and had the best sense of humor! He was one of the people you could count on for a laugh or a hug. Don was playing tennis, had a heart attack and died. He was younger than E and I...he had children much younger than mine. Don, know I am toasting you tonight!

3 comments:

Kath said...

Jules, so sorry at the loss of your old friend. Glad you have fond memories to hold close.
Hugs,
Kath

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. How sad. Sounds like he was a great person. I'm sure he'll be missed.

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sending cyber smooches your way! Sorry to hear about your friend. Thoughts are going out to you, and especially to his family. I guess a different plan has been set out for him. Why are all the good ones taken from us before they should - and the horrible ones still walk amung us? That is one thing I just do not understand?!? I know "There is a reason for everything", just the understanding is the tough part.

Smooches XoXo