Thursday, May 10, 2007

The shotgun approach to unpacking....




Despite E's careful numbering and labeling of boxes, we seem to have developed a rather unorganized approach to unpacking the almost 100 boxes from our old house to our new. Yesterday, in an attempt to find the box containing my underwear, I tackled a whole line of smaller boxes that E had lined up in the hallway. All in all, I unpacked and put away about 15. You'd think that with his system, any of the boxes labeled "J's belongings" might result in something but ah, nope! Most seemed to be more of what even I am referring to as scrap crap!

Armed with a place by place list of things we need for the new house (different trash cans, new litter box for the Boys, etc) and a map of the surroundig areas, we ventured forth day before yesterday. After touring some lovely horse farms (not on the agenda)and taking a couple of other scenic routes (my term for getting lost), we found a shopping center. We came home with only about a quarter of the items on our list and brand new bedding/curtains for the guest room which were not on our list.

The guest room in the old house was beachy and nautical which up-north visitors seemed to expect. As E and I keep telling each other, this is not the old house. Because we have my grandmother's furniture (1911 on)in that room, we went with an 'antique-y' decor this time as you can see. The walls will be repainted as some time in the future and pictures hung as soon as we can find them.

You don't suppose the picture box is where my underwear is now, do you?

4 comments:

Denita said...

Jules, as Linda would say who needs to wear underware anyway? LOL

Hey, maybe next weekend I can make it over to help you unpack some. This weekend is a full schedule for me.

Dee

Kip said...

I love my new bedspread and curtains!!!

Roz said...

Who needs underwear? At least you can find all of your scrap-crap!

madelineas said...

jeez Jules, I was hopeing you found the undies by now. At least you know where your scrapping stuff is which is more important.
Love the set for the guest room.