Saturday, May 12, 2007

Smoke gets in my eyes....

We awoke to rolling clouds of smoke yesterday so hazy we could hardly see the house a couple of doors down the street. We closed up the house and set back to work on boxes...what else?

We had the two room planners scheduled at nine and three and both came up with great ideas for organizing me and even providing some office space for E (aka "the keeper of the papers" in our house). We have one bid so far which made me drop my drawers (and yes, I have found the box with those items in it! YEAH!)but E hardly blinked. For overflow company, we bought a bed high inflatable bed. That way when Steve and DeeDee, Kim and Jerry come for New Year's, no one has to sleep on the couch

We had planned on lunch out at one of the cute little restaurants down on the sponge docks, but the smoke put a kabosh on that. Instead we managed to get ourselves lost hunting for Pinch-a-Penny pool place and ended up in the old down town of Palm Harbor at an Irish Pub. Our son-in-law called as the city of Tarpon had closed for the day due to the smoke and he was able to join us. Great food and a fun atmosphere. We did find the pool store and signed up for Pool School! so we can learn how to maintain what the cats believe to be their large water bowl in our back yard. We also set up and apt. with a solar panel guy to get an estimate about adding panels as the propane costs to heat this baby are high.

Today has been declared, Empty the Boxes in the House day so I won't be opening any more surprise boxes from the garage.

I do need to get E to set up my work table as I have a kit due to Hang Ten June 1 that is still lacking directions, a technique column due at Little Scrap Box, and I also need to write and locate a printer for the Hang Ten class at the Tampa Expo June 8 and 9.

Sign me, Relocated Paradise Gal,
Jules

4 comments:

Kip said...

I don't think I told you but when we first put in the pool, we headed it in the winter ONCE with our propane...it went through a $100 worth of propane in about 15 minutes and still wasn't really heated!!!! Needless to say, we didn't try that again, lol.

Kip said...

heated, not headed...

madelineas said...

Happy you found the undies. Sounds like you are getting settled pretty good.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow and Happy Mother's day.

Pam in Moncton said...

Lots of unpacking going on! That does seem like the never ending story sometimes. Hope the smoke goes away soon.