Sunday, August 12, 2007

What a great weekend!






My great niece, Kaela, and her parents, Jen and Tony, arrived around noon on Friday and, if Kaela was not in the pool, she was scrapping with either her mom or me or both on the card table E and I set up for her in my workroom. While I taught my class "Things that Touch my Heart" at Ruban Rouge to 14 very funny and wonderful students, our company went exploring in Tampa. By the time I got home, Rob had arrived followed a bit later by Kristen and Chris. Kaela entertained us all with her pool antics and, I don't know about her, but we were all ready for a nap! lol

We had all gone in on her 6th. birthday present (upcoming next week)and she really loved her scrap tote "just like Aunt Julie's". E fixed us great burgers and brats on the grill followed by the richest chocolate cheesecake! Talk about a sugar high.

This morning, after a great breakfast, again by our resident chef, E, we all went to Kristen and Chris' so Jenny and Tony could see their house. The Perez family proceeded on to Disney to celebrate Kaela's birthday and then, in a few days, they will return to Ft. Myers so Kaela can start school. Seems like just yesterday she was born and now she is in school...egads.

I got great news while I was teaching my class. I had been invited to a site on-line by my friend, Tam. Since my term as DT at Little Scrap Box is almost up (also can't believe it has been almost a year there), I gave a shot at the DT at Creative Scrap Shack. It is is great place to play with tons of talented women. Most importantly, the gals who hang out at the Shack have the very best sense of humor. And the great news you ask....I am now one of the DT members at the Shack (www.creativescrapshack.com). Thanks to Carman, the owner and all the DT members...this is going to be fun!

6 comments:

madelineas said...

Congratulations on your new DT assignment, I hope this doesn't mean you are going to desert us at the Box :(
Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend.

Michelle Jo Klomp said...

Congrats on your new DT spot!

That website is fun :-)

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! She is kust too adorable in the pool! Way to go on the design team! I will have to check it out

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I want to give Mary one of those totes full of stuff for her birthday, too. She's my constant scrappin' companion! Congrats on the new DT spot! Always look forward to seeing your art!

Liz said...

Congrats to you Jules.. You are such a talent..

Tam, I am said...

Jules, I am so excited to be working with you on the DT!!! It's going to be an awesome time!!!