Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Messy Art



So, I was sitting amidst the chaos of Christmas boxes everywhere yesterday trying to pull some order from it or at least create a pathway to the bathroom, when I wondered to myself why I had never played with the paper mache torso I have had up in my closet for the past couple of years. It was one of those 'had to have' purchases but I could not figure out how to get paper soft and pliable enough to adhere to all the torso's curves.

When E ran up to the grocery store, which he does several times a day, I roamed through my supplies hunting for a little of this and a lot of that and, before I knew it, the project is half way to completion.

Now E is a practical man who taught science for eons. After he told me how lovely the torso had become, he asked the question few of my artsy fartsy friends ever ask, "What are you going to do with it when it is done". Why heavens! I'll add it to the shelf with all the other projects I've done, of course. lol

As you can see, I am not a neat and tidy person when the creative urge hits me. I've managed to take a six or seven foot work surface and narrow my room to work down to about two square feet. When I finish this project....I HAVE to clean. Anyone else a messy artist? Know a good cleaning lady? lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! You know it is time to clean when.....you have to clear space to work on a 5 1/2 inch card.

Heather said...

Yes! My stamp table gets piled with stuff- especially if I have one project after another. when there is no room left I declutter and put my stuff away- until my next creative burst!

Chris said...

jules this torso rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!