Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cover to cover





Yesterday I organized my ribbons which were snaking their way towards permanent entrapment of me and then cleaned up a mess that resulted when my brad bucket tipped onto the floor....what a fun day! But, I can find any ribbon and any brad you need!

Once I quit procrastinating (I was thinking of alphabetizing my rub ons next...lol)I actually finished a project I had been wanting to do. Gerri-anne, the owner of Kit n Kaboodle, sent several of us a nice thick sheet of embossed chipboard with which to create. (there are a couple of styles available at knk.club in the store) Kip turned hers into a lovely wreath and mine was still sitting there in the December kit bin on my desk. What I ended up doing with this was creating a 12x12 album with this piece as the cover. I added ten sheets of cardstock and, for the back cover, another piece of 12x12 card stock. I spritzed the embossed card stock with Glimmer Mist (from www.creativescrapshack.com). I patted it with a sponge brush and used Lumiere paint to highlight the "Dream" words and the flowers on the page. Once the mist and paint dried, I bound the covers and pages together for my "Dreams" album for 2008.

I got my Jan. kit from KnK and it is so wonderful. Can't wait to get started on my projects and tech for that month. Scenic Route is the sponsoring company for Creative Scrap Shack for Jan. and the kit I was sent is so chocked full of goodies. Watch this spot for more layouts and projects.

2 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Very, very nice! I love what you did with the embossed chipboard. I have some coming and can't wait to get it. Love your necklaces too. Did you solder them? I still haven't soldered anything again yet, but I will...some day! Got your Christmas card! Thanks! Very cute.
Pam

Mae said...

Again, a beautiful creation. I can't find your tech articles at the Creative Craft Shack. I tried to your article on the beautiful pendants you made. I will go back and try again!

Mae