Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Gathering of Goddesses (the saga continues)







Saturday was jam packed full of giggles, belly laughs, food, friendship and just plain fun. We started the morning with coffee on Janet's deck overlooking the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The waves, the people with their sun lotion, towels, chairs and umbrellas, the tang of salt in the air and the swaying of the palms in the Gulf breeze and the company of such amazing women....I ask you, am I blessed or what?

We finally pulled ourselves together around ten and headed to an arts and craft fair where Kip ran into her brother whom she had not seen in two years. He does lovely photography and had a booth. We shopped but the only thing I bought was a cold water! Our next stop was St. Armand's Circle in downtown Sarasota. Lots of upscale stores and tons of fun things to drool over. Janet found some lovely things for her home but again, nada for me. I was beginning to think I had lost my shopping mojo until we hit the scrap store. Adrianne has lovely things and I helped the economy as did my fellow goddesses. What a fun time.

On our way home, we stopped for pictures of the holiday sand sculpture on the beach and ended up staying for a light meal and libations, of course. Anne, Janet and I had the coconut shrimp which was to die for and Kip had calamari (not my all time fave for sure). And lo and behold, sitting right in front of us....Kip's long lost brother, again. The food was yummy and the sunset even more so. We had great entertainment with a local singer who was quite good.

As the sun went down, I took tons of sunset pics and have shared one here with you and a second one of the little tree out on the beach where we ate. Everyone in the restaurant applauded the sun when the last orange crescent disappeared over the horizon. I haven't seen people do this since Key West or on the upper deck of the old Jimmy B's bar on Ft. Myers Beach...what fun!

And here we are toasting to our friendship which we do often when we are fortunate enough to get together.

And who knows what today will bring... For more pictures, check out Kip's blog! And check back here for "The Rest of the Story"

1 comment:

Chris said...

omg that sunset is stunning!!!!!!!!