Saturday, February 02, 2008

This will have to hold me for a bit



This is the closest I've come to seeing my published article in Somerset Memories (Feb/March 08). I spent about an hour and a half cruising the book stores, Jo's and Mike's from here to south of Clearwater in search of a copy to no avail. My dear friend, Jill G., offered to next day mail me a copy from the Carolinas but I was sure I could find a copy and I did not want her to go to the unnecessary expense. Even Mystic Paper in Mesa AZ has seen it and the owners were so kind as to mention my article on their blog and leave me a sweet message on mine...
http://mysticpaper.blogspot.com/.

Oh well, I am sure one of the stores will get it in soon or Somerset will send me a copy with my check. Meanwhile, I am trying to get all my assignments finished before we head out to CHA and then on to Winter Retreat. Jill is flying in from the Carolinas and will meet G-a, Barb, Sonia and I at the Tampa airport when we return from CHA. We will all spend the night here and, after Kip arrives and we meet up with Kelly, we'll all head to Winter Retreat.

Off to play some more with my acrylic album. This is my first and I am finding that the PDQ double sided papers by Bisous.biz are perfect. There are so many elements on the papers that it makes layering a snap. Will post what I have done soonest.

Happy Weekend and if you all could keep Barb's mom in your thoughts and prayers and also our good friends Barb and G-a. Her mom has some serious medical issues right now that are compounded by her age, 98, so all good thoughts would be appreciated, I am sure.

4 comments:

Chris said...

congrat girl!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'll have to hunt for the mag too! I've been reading all the notes about it on Hilltop! Wish I could come see y'all at WR, but we are moving sometime toward the end of the month to Savannah! Have a great week!

Mary B said...

I checked both Borders and Books A Million in Brandon, and no luck! Darn!

dawn said...

Congratulations!
I'll see if I can find it around here.