Monday, March 10, 2008

Still unable to load pictures

I have tried so many times yesterday and today but will give it another shot later as I was able to add one pic to my 'art' blog successfully.

The Crawfish Festival was fun. It was blistery but only got colder right before we left around 3. The food was ok. I guess I was expecting some more authentic Cajun. While my Cajun Shrimp was tasty, E's red beans and rice were just that...tasted like a can of kidney beans had been dumped onto some rice and heated a bit. No hurricanes either, just wine or beer.

The vendors were scarce which could be due to the roaring winds the night before which ripped the main dance and band tent. Because of this (I guess) there was no admit cost which saved us $30.00. We saw many of the same vendors at both Mardi Gras and at the Blues Festival and all we bought were tee shirts! lol

The band was the high point of our day...that and the walk from the parking garage down to Vinoy Park along the beautiful waterfront of St. Pete...what a pretty site.
I even took a dance lesson from what Sandy says is one of the most renown Cajun dance instructors. He was funny and quite patient. We found Sandy and Walt near the impromtu dance floor near the band and spent a nice bit of time hanging out with them. I have some great shots of all of this to share when Blogger gets its problems all worked out so watch this spot!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Hi Jules! Just catching up after being away for a week in your general direction (Orlando). We had a great week up until the time our luggage (all of it) decided on it's own to stay in Newark and is still there. I can only hope it is enjoying its stay. Your albums and album cover for the garden book are beautiful as always! Cute pics of the cats. And the food - well that does look delicious! See you soon on the cruise!
Pam

madcow said...

Tell me we can find a Cajun festival while i'm there... lie to me if necessary! LOL Bugger the food - mermaids would have so much fun learning to dance!!!
hugs Clare