Friday, March 07, 2008

Through my garden gate...



For those of you who were wondering (all 2 of you), yes, I am doing an album of the resurrection of our lower lawn. I have been documenting this whole long term reconstruction process step by step and decided to actually get some of it into an album. I could not find one I really liked, so I made my own. The covers are chipboard and are infused with Glimmer Mist. I am still not sure I like the holder for the album title but it will remain until I come up with something else. I'll cut the pages later as I need them and, until I have all the layouts I want/need, I'll use rings to hold the album together. When I'm done, I replace those with pretty vintage-y ribbons.

I spent most of yesterday on a fruitless search for a dress for the dress up night on the cruise. I have lost 5 plus lbs. now and am about 9 lbs. thinner than I was on the last cruise. This has put me into the 'tween size that no one makes. Or if someone makes it, the top is so skimpy, I am exposed. I have one summery dress that will work if I have to but when E says go shopping, I do! Nothing...nada, zero and zilch. Not even my favorite store had anything. The quest continues today...wish me luck.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the Album cover. BTW, way to go again!

Creative Scrap Shack ......Julie Eickmeier will also be joining them as a Card Kit Designer.

I almost missed that since I think of you as Jules & not Julie.

Chris said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie H said...

Glad to hear your lossing weight so am I. Did you try Dillards they were just having a big sale and that is were I buy all my clothes. Good luck to you and have fun on the cruise.

:Jayne said...

OH this is my favorite thing you have ever done! I love the cover!!

I can't find a bathing suit! I can't wear last year's, as you guys already know I'm wearing last season's bra, last season's swimsuit just won't do!

21 days...CAN'T WAIT!
:J

Kath said...

Love that cover!!! And love hwo your yard's coming, too.