Monday, June 02, 2008

Only four more days 'til the weekend!






I made it through Round 4 of the contest at Scrapperie.com. The last challenge was to create a layout inspired by art of some kind. I chose an oil painting (Lahana Afternoon) by Cao Yong. When I printed out the picture I had taken down on the Sponge Docks of some shrimp boats in port, the photo seemed way too one dimensional to me. I took the photo through editing in Photo Bucket (love the new features there btw) and turned it into a sketch with some color. Then I got out my paints and watercolors and went to town. I'd had the little compass for a long time and created the post card on a vintage one I had picked up at an antique store here in Tarpon Springs. I really like how the photo now had depth and texture and caught some of the play of light for which Yong is known.

Our anniversary dinner was lovely and we are looking forward to many more of the same. Many thanks to all of the well wishers!

Off to the eye dr.s to get fitted for my bifocal contact lenses...wish me luck and have a great day.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Oh wow JULES.....that is just beautiful......I wish you luck on this contest.....Im sure you will make it through again!

:Jayne said...

Jules that is gorgeous!!!! You've got to be the winner with that! I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

:J

Angie said...

Wow Jules, that lo rocks!