Sunday, July 27, 2008

And then there were two

We chilled out at the pool most of yesterday reading and floating with Kim and Jerry. We all got spiffied up and headed to Matanza's restaurant on the back bay for supper and libations.

This restaurant, in addition to having tasty and plentiful food, has an incredible view as you can see. While dark clouds loomed, we never got any rain, just cool breezes.

If you read my blog, you know my fascination with shrimp boats and have seen the many photos I take of them both in Tarpon Springs and here. I've added several new ones to my collection so watch for my layouts to follow. There is just something about these boats and the life the crew lead to bring us those tasty shrimp...I understand completely why they are often referred to as pink gold.

We didn't make it it Bonita Bill's which is across the bay from Matanza's. We use to take the girls there for kareoke and cheap beer. Kim reminded me that we celebrated her birthday/engagement to Jerry there a few summers back. Putting this on the list of things to do this week before we leave...and no, we do not kareoke!

The tall building in the picture is Matanzas. The top is a bar with live music and whomever was playing while we were having supper was excellent. Lots of oldies that we knew the words to.



And last is our sunset yesterday evening. No green flash but amazing none the less.

Jerry and Kim have just left and E and I are taking the day off. The skies are a bit overcast but we'll see what the day brings. I haven't scrapped in about ten days so maybe, if we get a shower here or two, I'll dig out the stuff I brought and see what I can create with a minimal of stuff.

Have a good one and wish you were here!



1 comment:

Carla said...

OOOOOO Jules, it looks so friggin nice there though, even with the overcast skies...I be you are having a great time!