Monday, July 28, 2008

KnK club designs for Aug.



The papers in this month's kit sure had all of us on the DT creating up a storm. Our guest designer, Laura Bruynell, rocked the kit and her daughter in laws photography was wonderous. You can see her creations in the Guest Designer section of the message board. You do have to join to view.

I have started to use my handwriting more and more on my layouts. While it is not the prettiest handwriting around, it is mine. I am not a digi person so could have never figured out how to journal around the elements and that is where I wanted the journaling to be.

I haven't done vintage in a while which is odd since that is what I am probably the best at doing. These papers just cried out of older photos and this picture of my aunt and uncle on the Queen Elizabeth II was perfect for the look I wanted. I do like using wired ribbon and to crinkle it up like I did here.

My tech this month at KnK will be on the construction of the Sara folder we were all given and will focus on making the papers more durable and long lasting once they have been adhered to the folder. I'll discuss several products on the market and the pros and cons of each. I had such fun doing the folder and creating the file dividers that I placed inside. The tech goes live at KnK club either July 31 or Aug 1 depending on time elements and internet connection here where we are vacationing. Too funny...Kip and I reversed our designs on the folder and did not exchange information prior to designing. lol

Speaking of that, if you have sent me an e-mail and wondered why I have not responded, I am getting about half the ones that have been sent and those are arriving anywhere from several hours late to a day or two....no explanation for that one at all.

We're scheduled for some rain today. After E and I help my sister with some things at her place, I am scrapping until the rain passes and then I'll hit the beach for treasures which wash up in the shape of lovely shells!

Have a great one.

3 comments:

Roz said...

Love what you did with the kit! Have fun scrapping today.
It is nice to have a rainy day once in a while.
HUGS!

Carla said...

Wow great job on the lay outs girl! I miss you while you are away!

Allison Rankin said...

What fun...I need me a drink that size! Ha ha! The second antiqued LO is lovely!