Sunday, July 20, 2008

Live from Ft. Myers Beach...

After a late night on Friday, I headed out to the airport at 5:20 am on Sat. to catch my flight to our timeshare on Ft. Myers Beach. Due to fog and rain and who knows what else, we got off the ground an hour an a half later than scheduled. There are only so many games of free cell a gal can play on a laptop before the power goes (memo to self: check into a new battery pack for Minnie)

CHA was wonderful as always and I got to see a bunch of old friends both in and out of the industry plus make a few new ones! And the best part was that I got to meet Chris, Pam and Monica IRL! What a great group of women Gerri-anne has assembled for the DT for KnK!

Due to construction here at Estero Island Beach Club in our building, I am "forced" to use my laptop out here on the lanai which faces the Gulf. The waves crashing on the beach, the sea gulls crying out, the beach combers soft murmers and the view are so terribly distracting...lol.

I'll post some pictures later of CHA etc. but our friends who meet us here from St. Louis are all starting to rise and shine. We all no sooner arrived yesterday than we headed to Hooters for wings and then floated in the pool with a brew or two. E made us gumbo and all joined in.

Today, Chris and Kristen will be down and Mike and Jaime and kids will arrive early evening bringing our total to 22 this year. My niece, Jenny, her hubby, Tony and my great niece, Kaela will pick up my sister and join us this afternoon adding 4 or 5 more (depending on if my sister brings a friend) to the mix. Love big parties. Our evening plans include a cook out followed by a fun evening dancing to the oldies at Parrot Key.

More later when I have a chance!

8 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

All I have to say is...you sure know how to live!
Pam

Roz said...

Glad you got in safely...enjoy Ft. Myers....and it's a shame you have such a horrible office!

Chris said...

soooo glad you made it "home" safely!!!!!! was awesome finally meeting you!

Janet M said...

Oh Jules, I can just picture everything, maybe next year our times will match up. Have wonderful day and have fun tonight. I loved the music and the food there last year.
janet

Mae said...

You do live THE life, don't you. After years of teaching other people's children, you are SOOO deserving!
Mae

Carla said...

WOW...lots of people there with you JULES....sounds like you are having a great time so far....enjoy....wish I could be there too...LOL

Wendy said...

Hi Jules,
I wanted to let you know I received the Memories In Uniform package last week in perfect condition. Can't wait to start on it! Thanks so much!
Wendy

Deb said...

Enjoy your vacation! I am tagging you! See my blog for details!