Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lost days


Eons ago a bunch of us started a circle journal round robin with each of us picking a theme. I still have Pam's book and Linda's sitting here waiting for inspiration. Soon, I promise. Anyway, I took the circle journal to heart...I love designing within a circle anyway! My theme was "The hats we wear". The group for the exchange is diverse in ages and interests and I thought it would be interesting to see what "hats" each sees herself wearing. The second photo here is of the sign in tags.

My grandmother worked in a hat factory before she married and I have the most wonderful photos of her in huge hats like these on the cover. These came from an old ad from a magazine I found in a thrift shop in Dunedin long ago.

I am also a collector of wine images. I am in the process of creating a wine journal for E and I so we can keep track of the special ones (like our favorite Amarone) and when we had each. I am hoping to incorporate some of these vintage wine images into the journal.

Other than laundry, I am not up to anything special today. We are heading to town for lunch at Snookers and to see our favorite bar keep, Suzie!

Hope you have a good one!

3 comments:

Chris said...

tres chic! awesome work girl!

Angie said...

I love that circle journal, it's beautiful. What a great idea to create a wine journal for E. I may have to do that for my Dh. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Carla said...

That is beautiful Jules.