Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote







her book, Gift from the Sea, here on Captiva. I can see the inspiration every time I visit in the sand, shells,the hypnotic sound of the surf, the birds and the seemingly endless procession of wave upon wave. There is something about all this that brings us to introspection and reflection as it did with her.

We rented these cabanas for the afternoon we spent on the beach on Captiva and cooled off in the clear waters. What a lovely way to pass time doing absolutely nothing! We went to Key Lime Bistro for supper and walked over to the infamous Bubble Room so Jill could see. It is such an amazing place with vinage ephemera everywhere you look. I have always loved this little booth inside what looks like a trolly car and promise myself someday I'll actually sit here to eat. Don't you just love this pic of Jill in the Love Tunnel boat? Too funny.

Off to start laundry from the past 5 days trip. More pics later today so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Jules it sounds like Hoe Down was a blast and your time on Captiva Island also. Glad it all turned out so well for Gerri Anne and the other organisers. Pat, Karen, Jodi and I (and the other 600+ people) had a great time at Creative Escape, which we all thought was better than last year, better resort, better classes and overall experience. I am now in Sedona with Marcel for a week and he has his laptop with him so we have internet access. Do you know if the Birdies moved to the monkey board? I can't get any email and they are not at SS. I don't have the site here and when I google it I get all sorts of odd sites! Could you post it here in a comment as I can't get email. Thanks!
Pam

JulesinParadise said...

Yes, they have moved to the Monkey Board...come on over!

Unknown said...

OMG - The Bubble Room - I love that place!!! I know you had an awesome time, Jules!