Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Get away to the Islands







After we finished helping G-a, Barb, Sonia, Janet and Coleen take down the Hoed Down Crop, Jill, Barb and I had supper at the Fish House in Bonita right on the water...lovely breeze, beautiful view and fantastic company! And the food was aok too@ The next morning, after staying up very late chatting with dear Barb, Jill and I headed toward Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Our first stop was the lighthouse and we hit the Lighthouse Cafe for breakfast on our way back. I showed her where my folks use to live and where they had their restaurant, Joey's, right on Periwinkle. We shopped our way down the right side, cruised through Ding Darling Wildlife Preserve, where Kip's car, Flo Darling, got her name and checked in to the 'Tween Waters Inn on Captiva

Our room was on the 3rd. floor of one of the condo units and had a direct view of the Gulf. I had been going to the Friday Holiday Carol and Lighting at "Tweens since we moved here in '01 but had never stayed at the resort. What a wonderful place.

We spent the afternoon on the beach under the cabanas (pics tormorrow) and Jill gathered tons of lovely shells along the beach. We headed to the pool to cool off and then back to our room to clean up for supper. We ate at Key Lime Bistro and had an amazing blackened chicken with a plate licking sauce and ate to some J.Buffer style music.

On to the Bubble Room for dessert (Jill, not me...I am still doing my best to stay on South Beach but...I did have a glass of vino while we shot these wonderful sunset pictures from the front porch of the Old Captiva Inn).

And, for evening entertainment, we did pay for view of Sex and The City movie and laughed the night away.

More tomorrow...I am thinking of doing a collage of Barb and her multiple personalities...Barb, Miss Kitty on the skids and the Hoe Down Bandit who looked a heck of a lot like Yosemite Sam!

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kip said...

Looked like you all had a wonderful time there. I love that Inn!!

Carla said...

AWESOME pics Jules...looks like you guys had a great time.

Unknown said...

The Sanibel Lighthouse is one of my favorite sites in the world!! We have so many wonderful memories of Sanibel/Captiva - this sure takes me there.