Sunday, September 28, 2008

Had a great Sat!



Well, we got so busy talking and eating that I forgot to take any pics while Janet was here for the day! E fixed us a wonderful grilled sandwich. The spread was made of Philly creamed cheese, blue cheese, honey and toasted walnuts. You put this on thin slices of white bread (the Peperidge Farm ones) with arugula and thin apple slices. Oh my. He served this with the Greek lemon soup...what a great treat for our taste buds.

Janet and I headed up to Ruban Rouge and met up with the gang: Mary, Mary, Michele and her mom, Alice, Teri (whom I haven't seen in eons...smoochies), Ms Linda of Hilltop Memories, Elle and her pound and a half tea cup puppy, Chalupa, Di,Roz and Kelcy who came over from the other coast,the Kipster of course, and sure hope I didn't leave anyone out! We shopped and visited.

I bought some raffle tickets and actually won something for a change! The basket itself is darling with a cute liner of material with pastel buttons in the print. And it was filled with tons of goodies.

Several of the gals headed out home but Mary Mary, RoZ, Kelcey and I went for appetizers and drinks before calling it a day. What fun. Good to see everyone as I have been hitting and missing with the crops lately.

Love to all,

3 comments:

altar ego said...

Glad you had such a good day, and that you won something! Can't wait to see what you do with the goodies in that basket. As quickly as your mind works, I'm sure you'll be posting the results within a matter of days. Have a good one today!
xoxo

Kath said...

LUCKY YOU!!! What a great basket!
I just looked at your wine label book - cute!!!
Kath

Kip said...

Good to see you yesterday even if you did win my prize, lol!