Monday, September 22, 2008

What I did at the crop....






and a happy Monday to everyone! I worked on my Wine Journal box. I still have to line the lid and the bottom of the box with some velvet papers I have but the project is almost finished. I started my Wine Journal but have a long way to go on that yet. I've been taking photos of the wines we love along with close ups of the labels and am hunting for the perfect information to put on tags for each bottle. The journal is going to be an on-going project. The box is a prototype for a Romantic Box and mini album I am preparing for a class I am teaching at an upcoming MS crop in November for Knkclub.com

The wine bottle shaped mini album is an album I got from Owl and the Pussycat Stamp Art Store in Ft. Myers Florida a couple of years ago and am just now putting together with my papers, stamps, inks and rub ons. The labels are from bottles of our favorite wines. The little glass grape cluster on twisted wire slides over the front and back and hold the accordion tag album closed. I had such fun with this one and it was just for fun!

My "Back 2 School" kit went live last evening at knkclub.com and I am both nervous and excited. Chris Pozzi has also released a card kit called Candied Sunshine at KnK and it is awesome. These both should be available for purchase at KnKclub.com and if you are not a member, you may purchase them through Creative Boutique, the knk sister site or by e-mailing to admin@knkclub.com

Kip Mitchell and I both have Halloween themed project kits due for release Oct. 1 at KnK. Hers is a darling little paper mache casket that has the coolest embellishments and a mini album. She has some pics on her blog! Mine is a chipboard gingerbread house from Retired-Let's do Lunch that I turned into a Haunted House that comes with a lighting kit. We both used the Frightful papers and embellishments from Little Yellow Bicycle!

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Chris said...

love it and congrats on the kit!!!!!! and i tagged you!

Kip said...

I love that box and can't wait to do it!

Chelle said...

Love the box and the album. Inquiring minds want to know - how did you get your labels off of your wine bottles and have them looking so nice?

madcow said...

Love these new projects darl! Did I ever give you this link - you can download & print all the wine labels they've collected (plus lots of other images too!)
http://www.stratsplace.com/wine.shtml

JulesinParadise said...

Chelle, check out the link that Clare (MadCow) left below and many thanks, dear Clare!

I use to soak the labels in hot water in the sink sometimes overnight but that did not always work. And undo did not phase most of the labels. I bought one of the kits that you can buy at a wine shop and they come off great about 85% of the time!

Liz said...

Yummo with the win.. I love box...

Julie Overby said...

These projects you did are AMAZING Jules!!! Seriously? You did these at a crop??? Wowzahs! Great job!

Carla said...

OMG those would go with my kitchen decor if I had a kitchen...LOL