Monday, October 13, 2008

An aMAZEing time was had by all







Every year, the Kristen and Chris invite us to go to the Long and Scott Farms for a corn maze and farmers market. This year, I said yes. E had all his football games lined up for the day and still was not feeling tip top, so he stayed home. Their friend, Lisa, the kids and I took off around 11. The farm is past Orlando but we laughed and talked our way up there and it seemed to take no time at all. We roamed the maze for over two hours, circling, finding some of the clues, getting a few answers here and there and often doubling back on ourselves. There was a nice breeze most of the time so the time passed pleasurably with Chris as our worthy guide.

The farmers market was filled with lovely tomatoes, gords and, of course tons and tons of pumpkins. I showed great restraint and only picked up four ears of sweet corn for supper tonight.

We stopped for supper on the way back home at Cracker Barrel and I got the cutest little snowman for my collection. Unfortunately, the snow globe he is carrying does not light up properly so I will exchange him some time this week at a CB not too far from here.

I also finished a layout yesterday and will put it up either later today or tomorrow am.

I now have E's cold/sore throat/etc. It was inevitable but sure don't feel tip top. Unlike Mr. Stubborn, if this gets any worse, I will go to the doctor. His 'toughing it out' has resulted in minimum sleep for me for the past three nights. I didn't want to wake him to move so I "toughed it out"...guess I must be Mrs. Stubborn, huh?

Have a good one!

3 comments:

altar ego said...

That maze looks like tons of fun, and a farmer's market to boot! We stopped at a CB on Sunday on our way home from Melrose, and I thought of you as I browsed through all the snowmen. Some nice sweaters and such, as well. Hope you feel better soon!
Love you...

Deb said...

Looks like a fun time! Hope you are feeling tip top very soon!

Carla said...

Wow that looks like alot of fun......and it looks like it was a beautiful day too. Great photos Jules.....how are you? Miss you my partner in crime....