Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Just another day in God's Country!







Yesterday was chill out day. The guys fished and Kay and I just hung out. We did make a run into town for some snacks and the steaks for tonight and then I hit the hammock that had been calling to me and napped! Kay's sister and her husband stopped by to say hello and a neighbor came calling as well. Our dear friends, Chuck and Linda came by for supper and brought us two wonderful bottles of Missouri wines that just fit in with the other six into our suitcase.

This morning we awoke to rain and mist but went full guns ahead with our plans to visit Rocheport (1825) and Les Bourgeois winery. What a wonderful place. The town is cute and snuggled along the Katy Trail and the Missouri River and the winery is perched atop the bluffs. We had a wonderful lunch and gave in to the call once again. This time we had the winery ship a port and a Norton to the house. We roamed through Columbia (all together now: "MIZ ZOU")and hit an antique store or two before heading home. The steaks are on the grill, the wine chilling and the debate on our viewing agenda!

Just as we pulled into Lake Sherwood we came upon our second viewing of deer. I was able to catch a couple of shots which I'll put up early tomorrow morning. Our plane doesn't leave until 3ish so Kay and I have a kayaking date tomorrow a.m. I love the Hobie with the pedals...E and I will be checking these out for sure!

Love to all

1 comment:

Roz said...

Jules, you are making me homesick! Your trip down memory lane is reminding me of the little places that I miss from New England...Glad you and E are having so much fun. HUGS!!!