Monday, October 06, 2008

Kayaking and cooking out







Yesterday was a lazy hazy crazy last days of summer kind of day. None of got to bed before midnight and we all decided to take it easy. The guys fished and Kay and I headed out in her Hobie kayaks. She has foot pedals in her kayaks and I had never used those. We were out for almost two hours!

This house of Nick and Kay's is so lovely. We use to come out here when they had just the lot (which they owned for eons before Nick retired and they built this house). We had a shed for changing clothes and the dock for swimming. We'd be out here for every 4th of July, etc. and lots of times inbetween.

We cruised around the lake and visited with some neighbors who came over for a pot luck supper around 5pm. Kay and I had appletinis before supper and these wonderful
Angel Tops for our dessert with chicken on the grill and salad in between.

The sun is just coming up over the lake and it is too pretty to be on a computer. I am taking my java and heading out to the deck. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Kath said...

Didn't realize you were blogging from afar, so just saw these - OMG, the pictures are incredible - I SOOO wish I was there, LOL! Glad you're having a good time and enjoying the fall color!
Kath