Sunday, November 16, 2008

I love Farmers' Markets




When we lived in St.Louis, we had the wonderful Soulard Market and would head on down on a Sat. morning, have breakfast at Obie's (has a new name now) and shop for fresh veggies and fruits to our hearts content in the historical market place.

When we moved to Ft. Myers, we found a lovely little market that was open on Thurs. mornings under the bridge. I would come home loaded with armfuls of flowers and E with lots of new veggies to try. We went often and the salted nuts were to die for.

And now we live in the land of abundance! Not only is the Dunedin market close by on Fridays but there is one within a few minutes in Safety Harbor as well. Be still my heart! This past Friday, we headed down to Dunedin and shopped and shopped and shopped our way through amazing fresh goods and brought home 4 sacks stuffed. We has the asparagas last night, lightly battered and grilled...oh yum!

Kip says the market in St. Pete is amazing too so we'll have to set aside a Sat. am and have her be our tour guide.

While I am not an enthusiastic (or even willing) cook, I love fresh veggies and fruits!

2 comments:

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

I used to work in the Union Square (NYC) Farmer's Market selling fresh cut flowers - one of my favorite jobs of all time! Being outdoors, chatting with different people, surrounded by home made and home grown things - fabulous!

:Jayne said...

You'll LOVE the St. Pete Market! I'd drive there every Saturday, If it wasn't so darn far.
:J