Thursday, November 13, 2008

Premature Celebration



I found these really cool paper mache orbs at Rock Paper Scissors in Old Towne St. Charles, Mo when we were in St. Louis last and, while waiting for my pain meds to kick in yesterday, I started playing. As you see, I have not gotten a whole lot past picking out papers for them. Because of the shape, I couldn't design a template that worked for the "slices" of each one so I am practicing patience and doing one segment at a time, smoothing the craft glue onto the wedge, arranging the paper and smoothing it into place. When it has dried, I trim. I should have these ornaments done sometime in March of 09. lol

I am using some of the papers from the KnK Dec kit (now for you to figure out which ones they are) plus some specialty papers in non-traditional holiday colors. I'll post all 3 when I am finished. Feel free to carry on with your regularly scheduled programming as this may take a bit of time. Meanwhile, lovin' the pain meds for the tooth fix except they make me a bit sleepy. But, to paraphrase the Bard, to sleep perchance to dream of playing with paper!

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

I wouldn't have the patience! Paint would be my tool or cohice, they are looking loverly.