Monday, November 24, 2008

Santa Hat time




Ever since our friends, Kim and Jerry, gave us this tiki god (whom E has dubbed our Tikki god of Beer), I have been wanting a Santa hat for him for the holidays. Last year, I searched and searched but to no avail! I settled for the blooming Christmas cactus we've had for eons. Tiki looked like he had dreadlocks!

Yesterday, while picking up another stand of lights from K-mart, I saw the solution. It was a huge stocking and the neck was about 40 inches around, which is what we needed to fit over Tiki's head. And it was 25% off to boot...it was providence. Once we got it home,I turned it inside out, tucked in the toe and heel and hand stitched a point so it would look more like a Santa hat than a stocking. We used a staple gun to hold the hat into place...hope Tiki doesn't get a head ache!

Now, all I have to do is get some yarn and create the tassel for the tip.

Busy week coming up

Monday: finish putting up the ornaments on my little retro tree for my work room and maybe start the big tree. Add lights to the lanai.

Tuesday: crop with the Kipster up at RR

Wed. help Kristen organize her paperwork so she is less frustrated.

Thurs. TG and our dear friend Barb in town

Friday: Black Friday sales at Ruban Rouge! yeah!

Sat. Crop here with Barb

Sunday: put up the big tree;

I'm tired already just thinking about it! I no longer remember how E and I did it plus host a Friends Thanksgiving the Sat. after TG to generally 5 to 8 couples and work?

2 comments:

Chris said...

TIKI dude is adorable... wait I didnt see you schedule me in for coffeee........

JulesinParadise said...

Darlin' Chris, you are a regular at my coffee bar. No need to schedule!