Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Valentine's Day Eat-a-thon







Within an hour of getting home from StampFest and lunch out with the Kipster, E had our first course on the lanai and, you would think I couldn't eat a bite but I did...and we both munched our way through three courses before 8:30pm.

Blogger has posted these pics in some random order so I'll leave it up to you to match the description with the picture. The photo of my flowers from E is pretty obvious as is the one of him toasting.

Our first course was homemade herbed foccacia bread and a garlic parm dipping sauce (found at Home Goods). We took a break and moved on to gorgonzola truffles with bacon served with sliced pears, apples and with grapes. These were to die for. I think he is making these for a snack for Friday when G-a, Barb and Sonia arrive. And, around 7:30 ish we had the main course: grilled swordfish steaks with citrus herb vinaigrette over melange de frisse mixed greens. And I wonder why I had such wild dreams!

The next day we had the dessert course: a rustic raspberry tart. The fifth course which is wild rice pilaf with thyme, pine nuts and lemon is due today or tomorrow.

Oh, and by the way, I've added E's cell phone and my small Sony camera to my list of drowning victims...kaput! Both of them!

2 comments:

altar ego said...

Can I just say YUM? We had steak, baked potato and salad--how Ponderosa! But at least Ken was interested in cooking part of the meal (can you guess which?). Any excuse to use the George Forman grill, LOL. At least we ate at the table and not in front of the television. Happy day to you!

Kip said...

Everything looked lucsious of course! What are we having Sat.night?