Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 09





It was a perfect mix of stamp/scrap shopping and lunch out with a good pal and a nice day spent with my honey. Kip and I met up at the Stamp Fest around ten and hit most of the booths. We found a few things here and there and hit the bonanza at Artful Illusions. The motto of this place located in Wichita Ks is "creative supplies for the art and soul"...and oh, boy, is that the perfect motto. Joni and Mark Russell are the owners and their store front is called Mrs. O'Leary's Art. Most of the stamp stores and altered art supply places have closed here in the Tampa area and I drive 3 hours south to visit the Owl and the Pussycat in Ft. Myers to get goodies and take classes. This was my chance to really stock up and I did!

Kip and I headed to nearby Duniden for lunch. We had gone by the Trash to Treasures (artists' supply garage sale) but must have been late or the donations were way down as we walked out empty handed and we seldom do that anywhere.

We had a wonderful salmon salad at Sea Sea Riders', a darling little restaurant on a corner in Dundedin in a little cottage. Great service and fresh, tasty food.

I'll put up the courses and recipe titles for the never ending Valentine's meal that E spent all day preparing here tomorrow. We had the dessert course yesterday and the salad one is going to be our lunch today...see what I mean by never ending?

Have a great one!

2 comments:

Liz said...

yOU ALWAYS HAVE SO MUCH FUN GAL

Mae said...

Looks as if E came through again!