Monday, May 25, 2009

To all the members past and present of our armed services

my hat is off to you. My aunt's husband, Uncle Harlan, served with Patton's army in WWII and my Uncle Edward was in the Navy during the same war. I have numerous uncles on my dad's side who served with distinction in the Army and Navy and my husband was in the Air Force. My step brother, Steve, retired as a Commander from the Navy having served in the Gulf War, his dad, my Papa Joe, was in the Army and Steve's daughter, Jill, was a Marine serving in the Middle East engagements. I lost dear friends in Viet Nam and Gene and I have many friends whose sons and daughters serve now. As much as I am opposed to war, I do recognize the need for a standing armed forces to protect us both in times of war and peace.

I salute you all and thank you for the job you do~

1 comment:

Liz said...

Here Here to all. Past present and future