Thursday, July 23, 2009

Update from the beach








I have had a lot of connection problems here at the resort. I think the router is not strong enough to reach our side of the building resulting in off and on and low internet ability. Hope I can get all this posted before I lose the connection again.

Sunday, after a day spent poolside and after supper, we headed to Parrot Key for some great music by Al Holland who was one of the original Platters. We were joined by my niece Jenny and her boyfriend Matt and a good time was had by all...even the two young 'uns who are staying with Kim and Jerry for the week.

Monday we also pooled and beached it and even swam out to the sandbar that is forming from the beach replenishment project. The evening passed with games and conversation.

Tues E and I walked down the beach for a wonderful breakfast at an outdoor cafe and during the afternoon, we all headed to Doc Ford's on the back bay for libations and snack. We got caught in a tropical downpour and were forced to remain there for happy hour and mojitos! Darn the luck! lol

Have been visiting my sister who, until yesterday, was still in the hospital. She is home now but still on a drain and pump which will be removed sometime next week. Thanks so much for all the good wishes and prayers. I've passed these on to her.

Wed. the guys 'donated' to the dogs at the dog track yesterday, the girls headed to the outlet mall and on to Sanibel and Captiva with lunch at Key Lime Bistro, one of my favorite places to dine as the entertainment, out door seating and the food are all top line.

We are off on a group adventure today. We've rented a pontoon boat and have a trip to Lover's Key scheduled with a picnic lunch, shelling and some Gulf swimming on the agenda. Tonight is our communal supper where everyone brings everything in their fridge and the guys all bbq for us. My niece and great niece are going to join us and I'll run over to my sisters inbetween.

Hope your days are sunny and good.

No comments: