Thursday, September 03, 2009

Life is too short to...

o


This card by Curly Girl Design has to be one of my favorites. I bought it to give to a friend and liked it so much I've kept it for myself and bought a frame for it the other day. Life is too short not to do so many things that we really enjoy but seldom take the time for. But, if we don't, who will?

Of course, you say, this is easy for me to do...I am retired and have seemingly endless days to play and do what I want and, to a certain extent that is true. I have given up doing a lot of things because I think I should do them but I also try to include new things I haven't tried and to try these things at least twice before I exclude them. I have commitments I have made that take up my time and feel those are well spent. And then I just sometimes do absolutely nothing.

I learned long ago as a single mother of two who worked two jobs that if I didn't take some down time for myself doing something that gave me pleasure at least once a day or so, I was one crabby person. Often, this amounted to a half hour of soaking in a bubble bath with a book at eleven at night when the house was quiet but it was my time...then, that was my "little umbrella".

So, what is your "little umbrella"?

3 comments:

Teri said...

Great post, Jules!! My little umbrella is just that! A drink in a quiet place! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I agree! Great post! I, as a recovering perfectionist, I have learned that I have to have 'me' time and, thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who indulges me!

Jennifer said...

I agree...

My little umbrella is reading after my kids go to bed. It is just the escape I need at the end of the day!