Sunday, October 18, 2009

Scrappy Sataurday





Cathy and Becky both arrived around ten and we spent the next couple of hours getting caught up on each other's lives over cheese and crackers and Bloody Mary's that E surprised us with. We were missing one of our pals who had been feeling ill (hope you are doing better today Ginni) but we thanked her for not wanting to expose us to whatever she might have. Cathy had to leave shortly after noon for a salsa lesson and Becky and I got to work. Well, not exactly as we decided we needed substance for our creative juices. E took us out to lunch at one of our favorite local places, Lime N Coconut, which has the best burgers and the garlic potatoe slices are amazing. E had fried grouper, Becky a pressed Cuban and I had a new salad they are offering with hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, peppers, olives and shredded lettuce in an olive oil herbed dressing.

One we had something under our belts, Becky and I scrapped until after eleven last night each of us completing 3 layouts, starting a 4th each, and solving most of the world's problems as women are apt to do. lol. I pulled out some of my unscrapped photos from our tenth anniversary trip to Italy from five years ago and worked on those. Becky was scrapping some of the Savannah pictures from her trip with the girls.

Becky has a bunch of pictures of our lunch as I forgot my camera and some from our creative evening and I am sure she'll have them up on her blog some time today. She brought oreo cheesecake tarts and we might just be having those for breakfast today! They look divine. Oh, and be sure to ask her for her recipe for Sangria's...oh my!

I will be sad when Becky has to leave. She has four furbabies whom I am sure are missing their Mama. The kids are due over around 3 for some pool time and supper. It will be good to see them as it has been a while.

Our weather here has been so wonderful: cool with a lovely breeze off the Gulf. We slept with the windows open last night snuggling under the covers. Nothing short of Paradise.

Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments: