Monday, January 18, 2010

Lovely weekend and great week to come

When E and I taught, we looked forward to these 3 days weekends and would often make elaborate plans to do something special if we were staying home or plan a long weekend to the Lake of the Ozarks. Now, even though we are retired and everyday is the weekend, we still try to plan something to make this time special. This was one of the first times we have not. Instead, we allowed the weekend to lead us and it was lovely.

We went to an arts and craft show one day, had lunch out and then supper at our house with Bill and Jo with the kids dropping by. I took two yoga classes, of which was a private lesson (YEAH!), cropped with the Ruban Rouge Friday Night Crop Crew and made plans for some non scrap day trips with the gals, got Dinner Club a bit more organized and met the wife of one of the couples whom I had not met...this is going to be such fun! I bought my first ever skinny jeans on a shopping trip with myself and a bunch of inspiration in the form of Somerset magazines and looked at some more cruises for Jo and Bill, E and me and possibly the Millers as well...now that would be a great group!!!

So, enjoy your third weekend day this week if you don't have to work and I think E and I will be doing a bit more of letting the weekend lead us since this one went so well.

1 comment:

altar ego said...

One of the things that stinks about my line of work is that there is no such thing as a three-day weekend. Sucks big time, LOL! But I am enjoying today as a day off. So far I've vacuumed and shampooed carpets, doesn't that sound like fun? I hope you enjoy your third day!