Thursday, February 04, 2010

ACOT Reveal: SEI's Juliette

Ever since we found out Kristen and Chris' twins were both boys, I've had this unexplainable craving for girly stuff and lots of pink...lol. When I picked my product line at A Cherry on the Top for this month, I could not resist SEI's Juliette line.

It was perfect for doing the two layouts about Clare with the statue of Minnie and with one of the Princesses. I am roaring through the layouts for the Gobsmacked Goddess Gathering album!

BLISS was an easy one for my Book Of Me and the CHEERS with the pic of Becky and I added another layout to my Friends album. These papers scrap themselves.









Most of my layouts are too bulky to scan on my wide format scanner and I end up with shadows and squished elements. I do need to figure out what it is I am not doing right when I photo the layouts for posting. Many of them look a bit crooked. I stand over the layout in sun and try to shoot straight down. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. I measure and measure and use my magnetic board and they still often look crooked or the photos look a bit off center. TIA

OH, and I posted a multi page Valentine I made for a friend on my altered blog...thanks for taking a look/see.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Beutiful stuff Jules!! I posted a bunch of photo-taking tips (for projects) in the Photography forum a while back... maybe there is something there that might help?

R. Dorrian6 said...

Stick them to the side of the house or to a wall so that you are looking straight at them instead of standing over them. You can use poster putty or fun tac or whatever that stuff is called to hold them up for a few minutes.

Stacy Cohen said...

Beautiful pages, Jules! They look good to me! But here's my tip -- get a copy stand. My hubby bought one for me as a gift a while back, and it was one of the most useful presents I ever got. I get straight on photos every time. I shoot mine indoors with natural light (I have to time is just right).

altar ego said...

Wonderful word, bliss. You are bliss to me! And I think my word for feb is try-to-schedule-pc-shows! Okay, so that's not a word, but it keeps me mindful of what I need to do!

Keep those layouts comin'!

madcow said...

Oh I love that bottom one!! Who is that gorgeous woman with Miss Minnie?? LOL