Friday, February 26, 2010

Chilly but Content!

Here is the latest update on Kristen, Chris and the boys...all are doing very well and one could even say, blooming. The last doctor check up said all is well and the kids are about half way there is not just a little more. I spent a bit of time helping Kristen with her second graders and their writing projects and can I just say, cute kids but a handful! She is so organized and works hard to keep the kids on task and taking responsibility for themselves and their actions or lack there of. Good job, Kristen.






This is my first layout for KnK's beautiful new kit for March. The ribbon in the kit is sheer white so I painted it lightly and used a heating tool to create the crinkles (one piece a bit too successfully, I might add. Don't over heat or get the heating tool too close).

I printed the photo of my Nana and me (age 5) out on a piece of the canvas paper and used my Cutterbug and a big die to cut the frame for the title, then painted it with the same green paint. I added a pearl blender to the paint to get a more shimmery color than the acrylic Studio paint by Ranger.



Lastly, I stamped and inked the paper flowers to match the other elements on the layout. Love these flowers...so many possibilities.




Busy weekend ahead. My reveal goes up this morning at Knkclub.com Yoga from 10:30-noon, pre party at ACOT before the crop, finish cleaning up my workroom, 6-8am shift at the crop tomorrow morning, teaching a cyber class from 8-10 and then Becky over to crop and play. I have a second shift at ACOT tomorrow morning from 6-8 with my pal, Pam Bennett and then off to meet Janet and her darlin' daughter, Becca for lunch and then a class at Whims.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout! What a great photo! It's downright cold in Savannah right now, darn it!!! One warm day spoiled me rotten and I want more! lol

Janet M said...

That's an adorable picture of the two of you and you did a wonderful job scrapping it, love the colors you used. Great job on the inking of the ribbons and flowers to match also.

altar ego said...

Beautiful layout, Jules, and I love how you stamped over the flowers. Great idea! Glad that all is well with Kristen and company. Time is just speeding by, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules...arrived this time via the KnK blog. Love the layout!