Thursday, March 04, 2010

I had a dream last night ....

that I was sitting on the dock at the Starfish Grill in Cortez eating hush puppies and looking out at the old net house across from restaurant. Boy! was I disappointed when I woke up and found myself in my own bed and the wind howling in the dark of night outside our bedroom window.

My friend, Becky, is the one who showed me this slice of old Florida one evening when we were coming home from a class in Sarasota. Wonderful food and I couldn't understand why Becky ordered extra hush puppies until I bit into my first one.

Janet and I took Clare and Anne to the Starfish on our way from Anna Maria to Disney and they were as enchanted by the place as the rest of us.

I am thinking a road trip is needed some time soon.









Meanwhile, yoga this morning and Book Club tonight. Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful pictures, Jules! Wish I was there too!

altar ego said...

I loved that place! So colorful, and it's always a treat to be by the water. Glad your dream took you there, wish I'd been there too!

rebecca lucille said...

I'm glad y'all love it like I do. I cannot WAIT to move there! It's my favorite place in the world!