Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A little Spring Cleaning...

I had my coffee on the lanai yesterday morning and browsed through O when I came across a great quote, "Spring is the perfect time to learn to love what you have, change what you can't love, and get the hell away from that which does you harm" (Amy Bloom)

So, using this quote as a guide, I've taken some steps to 'clean' out a few things in my life that I can't love. One is my closet. It has become a bin of chaos and chaos drives me nuts. I had sizes in there from my "So Big" days and some clothes that actually fit but that I had not worn in over a year.

CLOSET AFTER THE PURGE




I took everything out of my closet, tried on everything and sorted it into three piles: Good Will, consignment shop, and Kristen (she may want some after baby comfy clothes). I got rid of all the 14s and the one 16 and, if a pair of 12s came off without unbuttoning or with the zipper closed, they went into one of the two piles too. If a top was baggy...out it went. If I hadn't worn it in over a year, out it went. And I was pleasantly surprised to find I still had a nice selection...but I have been having a lot of fun buying less scrappy stuff and more clothes in 10s.

CLOSET BEFORE THE PURGE (blogger reversed my pics but isn't this part of learning to "love what you have" ...going with the flow here...lol)




I think I was also motivated by how easy it is to find things in my work room now that I purged in there, sorted, filed and reorganized (thank you JO's for having the art bin storage on sale). Even my ribbons are no longer attacking me when I hunt for one.

As for the "love what you have" part of the quote...see yesterday's post. And for the last part, well...no comment at this time...lol.

Hope you have a great day

No comments: