Saturday, April 10, 2010

And it is only Sat.

Yesterday, Becky D took her friend, Linda and me on a tour of a wonderful Child Care facility in Clearwater called Community Pride Child Care, Inc. I was very impressed with not only the facility and it's mission but with the staff and administration as well. Becky is on the board of this organization that "provides quality child development and supportive services to the low income, at risk and homeless children and families while encouraging healthy family practices". This place is one that deserves our support.

After lunch we headed to Dunedin for some lunch and a little shopping. I introduced the girls to Q's which just happens to be one of my very very favorite fun accessory stores ever.

This morning I got up even earlier than I usually do to dress and drive to Becky's. We met her friends', Laura and Linda and headed to Clearwater Beach for the Aflack 5/15K Walk/Run. This was my first ever timed 5K and Becky and I finished the race smack dab in the middle of the 2800 women running/walking. Not too shabby for a 62 year old who is not a big walker but would rather bike or do yoga. Is that called cross training? lol

This is what the beach looked like this morning at a bit before 7am.





There were even a few "celebs" along the way to cheer us on.




After I got home, E took me out to lunch at one of our favorite places, The Crab Shack in Port Richey, for lunch and Randy, an amazing blues/oldies guitarist was entertaining us all.

And who knows what tomorrow will bring. Hope your weekend is as good as mine!

1 comment:

madcow said...

Beautiful photos and well done you! Let us raise our glasses to health, fitness & happiness!