Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday in Paradise

So, here we are before the race yesterday and a few shots I took along the way. Kristen and I use to walk on Sat. mornings together and her favorite walk was along Clearwater Beach. She used a monitor and worked hard to keep her heart rate up and could even tell me how many calories she would burn during her walk/run. I am sure I burned quite a few less as I dawdled taking pictures as I walked. I didn't take as many as usual yesterday but here are a few.







Pam, Janet, Clare, Jo and I have been busy busy busy making plans for upcoming visits, trips and cruises.

Pam arrives this coming Thursday from Wis. for a few days visit with E and I. He is very excited as one of the things he and Pam love to do together is cook. I am responsible for keeping the tunes flowing and the wine glasses topped off. The Sat. after Pam's arrival, she and I meet up with Janet at the Columbia Restaurant in St. Armond's Circle in Sarasota and then, after some shopping, on to Janet's for an overnight. We head back to Tarpon Springs and our friend, Beth, from ACOT, arrives Sunday afternoon. We have not seen Beth since CHA last July! Pam has a couple of days after Beth has to go back across the state and we have a few surprises for her.

Clare is busy making plans for her next state side visit next Dec/Jan. Janet and I will be sharing her for two whole weeks and we are so excited. We had discussed a road trip and are finalizing plans now for one of the darling cabins at Tween Waters on Captiva Island. Sanibel is my old stomping grounds from when my folks owned one of the first fast food restaurants and lived on the island. It has always been one of my favorite places to return to to reawaken memories. So, look out Sanibel, Captiva...the girls are heading south!

Jo is planning a visit in June for us to play and to figure out what side trips we will be taking on the cruise. She and Bill have been to Barcelona several times and it is one of their favorite cities. They will be our tour guides there as Bill is fluent in Spanish, along with a couple of other languages. They will be coming down for two months this next winter and hoping Clare's visit and Jo's will overlap...they will love each other. It was instant bonding when Jo and Janet met and I love it when all my pals enjoy each other's company as much as I do.


Oh, and then there is CHA in July and getting to see our Maria again along with all the ACOT gals!

Long blog post today...I ramble but can you tell how excited I am?


Hope your weekend is a good one!

1 comment:

Denita said...

Stopping by to say hello.**LOVE** the new banner Jules!

Keep up the incredible job on your weight loss because you look absolutely beautiful darling and you should be very proud!! Weight loss is no easy task my friend ; }

Can't wait to see you in May!
{{{HUGS}}}