Friday, August 20, 2010

It's all about the customer service

The older I get, the more I expect from sales and companies or perhaps it is that I just tolerate less. I give every thing two chances but if I get poor assistance or less then sterling customer service, I find some place new to spend my money.

This being said, I want to tell you about two companies that have gone above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion: Glue Arts (the company that makes Pro Glue Glider) and Webster's Pages (one of my favorite scrapbook companies).

I had a refill that the glue kept coming off of but not in the manner it was intended for my Glue Glider. When I was at CHA, I talked to one of the salesmen who told me to send my old one to the company and I would get a refill ASAP. When he said ASAP, I thought to myself, uh huh, sure, doubting Thomas that I am. Within three days, I had my refill in hand. WOW Now that is good customer service.

And then there is Webster's who went even further. I am one of their biggest fans. Their papers are beautiful, the embellishments lovely beyond compare and they keep coming up with amazing accessories for their products. One of my favorite products is their Storyteller alphas. I buy them whenever I can find them. You get one big alpha and three small ones in great fonts and great colors. I had a problem with one sheet in that the small letters peeled off without the glue attached and I had to use my tiny glue pen to attach them. This had NEVER happened before so I wrote to the company yesterday and got an email response early this morning. My money will be refunded and I'll be getting a small gift for my inconvenience. WOW AGAIN...prompt reply, courteous thank you for drawing this to their attention etc.

So, thank you Glue Arts and Webster's Pages for your great Customer Service!

2 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

I want to add Making Memories to the list. When I bought my Slice the glue that came with it was all gummed together. I emailed the company and they explained that sometimes happens when it gets frozen which could have happened in shipping. They sent a replacement and a whole selection of embellishments from one of their travel lines just for my inconvenience.
Pam

madelineas said...

Doesn't it make you feel good when companies actually listen to you and make good for errors.