Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Oh My What a Wonderful Day...

Sing along now...zip a do dah, zip a dah day! lol. The crop last night was such fun and it was so good to see my pal, Jackie. She looks great, is feeling pretty good and boy did we get caught up on life. Missed you Di, Jean and Natalie! It was good to see Elizabeth again and know we'll be back meeting on Wed. for fun an games very soon.

I got three layouts done at the crop and, since they are all three on double sided paper, I'll do related layouts on the back and slide them into a page protector and hopefully get them into an album unlike the 200 or so layouts that I have in boxes right now!

I stayed until about 9 last night and then headed home. It had been a long but lovely day and I was tired.

I woke up this morning to news that I had won the last prize of the night at Posh and that it was up at the store for me. Thanks, Michele. You put together the best prize giveaways.

And I say Laura de la Rosa's mini album that she is teaching next Sat. at Posh. Laura is a designer for Graphic 45 paper company and just oozes talent and creativity. I met her through my friend, Deb White and thank her tons for the intro. Laura and I have been talking ever since and now she is going to be at " a scrapbook store near you" ...well, near me. Her class is so reasonably priced, if you live in the Tampa area, this is going to be one of the DO NOT MISS CLASSES!
Even though we are leaving Sunday, I am going to go visit, buy a kit and Laura has graciously offered to help me with it at a later date since I can't stay for the class. Call Posh to sign up and tell them Jules sent you.

Here are my three layouts I completed last night, a pic of the cute Jillybean holiday paper and stamp I won as a prize and a picture of my friend, Gail and I that Mary, Mom Posh, took of us today.

When I said my day just got better and better...well, getting to visit with my friend Gail was the icing on the cake. We met at Posh (obviously), had lunch up the street and got caught up with each other. Gail lives in Vermont and has relatives in the area. We get to see each other a couple of times a year and this was such a treat.

And tonight, as if that were all not enough, we have Dinner Club at Bob and Becky's. See you all soon.







Hope you are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE your layouts Jules they are all fabulous!!!!

Janet M said...

Love all the layouts and how nice to see you and Gail together.
PS. I never get tired of seeing the baby pictures.

sonia said...

OMG i love seeing the changes in the boys.
Oh, and your layouts too LOL!
sonia