Saturday, October 09, 2010

Having fun...wish you were here!

We've been incredibly busy since we returned home from the trip. We've been helping with the twins a couple of times and put in our first full day on Friday. Those boys sure had our number...eat and play all day and the heck with Little Mama's schedule and naps! lol We will do better next time...it has been a long time for either of us with babies. Thank heavens for our friend, Becky, who came over Friday after noon and relieved E. After Kristen got home, Becky and I met E up at Dimitri's on the River down on the Sponge docks for wine and dinner and we met back up with our new friends, Skip and Maria. Maria is from Athens so we had a lot to chat about.

I did a layout the other day at Posh and it is up in the store plus I dropped off the OPEN sign I made for the store with the Maya Road cloth banners and assorted goodies. I forgot to take a pic of it but will next time I run by the store...cropping date with Jackie and Diane next Wed.

The two layouts using the Basic Gray Pyrus papers are from my reveal last week at A Cherry on Top and the final project, the 25 days of Christmas, was done by none other than our very own Jackie Lynch...it is even more lovely in real life and will be on display at Posh Scraps probably starting next week.








Today is the Artists' Walk here in Tarpon Springs and E and I roamed by to see if one of our favorite artists was there...sure enough, he was. Last year I bought a darling original art card from Jack of an old fashioned Santa. I added a tiny bit of glitter to the trim on his hat and placed it in a floating frame as a gift for my Stocking Pal. I had lots of regrets that I did not get one of Jack's cards when I got the other one so I was glad to see that he was not only in attendance but had plenty of the Santa cards. He also gave me a framed painting of daisy flowers because I was wearing pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. Nice guy, Jack. Jack does beautiful watercolors and I'll put up my floating framed Santa when I am done with it. More pics of the Artists' Walk tomorrow along with some from tonight's birthday dinner honoring our friend, Becky DeLay...happy b'day, dear Becky!

2 comments:

Janet M said...

Love the layouts Jules - great work with the pp on these. I'm so happy for Jacki on her calendar- seeing it in person it's even more beautiful.

altar ego said...

Love the advent calendar! Totally cool. And your layouts and great. As always!