Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Holidays

I guess it is a sign of a good party when the hostess forgets to take pictures until the last hour of the event. Shame on me! lol. Lots of friends came, some had previous commitments to other holiday parties and so they roamed in later. Our good friends, Bob and Becky had her company party and Becky looked lovely. I told Bob I had never seen him in "big boy pants: lol He usually wears shorts or jeans.

But the highlight of the evening was Gaylan's reading of our holiday tradition, The Cajun Night before Christmas done in dialect. His Louisiana background sure came in handy. He and Michele are now tied for best reading of the book.

Getting to meet Jackie's delightful husband, Peter, was so much fun; Jean was her fun self along with Connie, Tom, Nancy and her husband, Dale are always such neat people. All in all, we had about 30 guests in attendance throughout the evening.

And, when I finally remembered my camera, here are some of the rest of the crowd:






Kristen and Chris came with Katherine and Tom and brought the boys by for a quick visit. The boys got lots of loving and some of the gals got their baby fix.


The appetizers were so good. E's mulled cider was the hit along with his Budweiser sauce Mild and Tangy wings. Everyone brought such tasty dishes and I am hoping all had as much fun as we did.

The house is almost back to normal and more company on the way this coming Wednesday when my sister, her boyfriend, Dennis and my great niece, Kaela come for a couple of days and we have our Christmas with them.

Tomorrow is the big OPEN HOUSE at Posh Scraps and I'll be doing a holiday themed make n take tag using Glimmer Mist, Lumiearte paints, Stickles and embossing powders. A couple of other of the DT will be doing make n takes too so come on by and say hello if you are in the Palm Harbor, Fl area. The event starts at 6pm

Hope your holidays are all a glow!

1 comment:

Janet M said...

Looks like you had a nice evening- I do the same thing when I have people over I'm so busy I forget to take pictures.