Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I woke up far too early this morning...

I woke up this morning far too early worrying about not getting to Jo's in time to pick her up and take her to the hospital. She was having Bill Med Evac'd back to St. Louis; enough is enough for the two of them. As it turned out, I was early but good thing as it was foggy for most of our trip. The Lear jet took off with both of them aboard a couple of hours ago. Safe journey our friends!

I woke up this morning far too early worrying about my dear friend, Clare in New Zealand. I checked in with my morning pals, The Early Birds (we've been posting to each other almost daily for about nine years maybe more) and there was Clare, alive and well. She doesn't live near Christchurch but had friends there. They are ok but two of them had their homes completely demolished by the earthquake. It is such torn feelings...glad my friend is ok and knowing so many are not.

I woke up this morning far too early wondering if the bank had put my money back that they erroneously used to pay someone else's mortgage. And nope! So off we went with our stern faces on. And the branch manager assured us it will be back in my account tomorrow morning.

I woke up this morning far too early wondering if we would make it home in time from taking Jo's sister, Sandy to the airport with Jo's packed to the hilt car. Sandy was meeting her husband there and the two of them will drive the car back to St. Louis. And we have made it home in plenty of time since the delivery men are still not here with our new washer and dryer.

Perhaps tomorrow morning I won't wake up worrying.

Hope your sleep is peaceful this evening and your dreams sweet.

1 comment:

madcow said...

Joey & Bill are constantly in my thoughts - I am so relieved they are "home" now. Relieved too that some I know in Christchurch are not only safe but have managed to get out to "home" too outside of the city. Prayers asked for all those still there. This is really the worst.