Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Some one gave me a little book that has become a favorite of mine called The Art of the Moment by Vienne and Rhoney. (and yes! I know I should underline the title but that is one of the many things I have not taken the time to learn how to do on my laptop). This book talks about taking some of the rush out of daily life and pausing.

This week I am doing a continuing thread at A Cherry on Top that I have called Simple Pleasures. I am going to post one thing each day that, for me, was a simple pleasure, something I stopped and enjoyed and thought about.

This was yesterday's simple pleasure: a dragon fly had landed on my foot and I happened to have my camera at hand. He/she lingered a bit and the little feet tickled just a mite. I love dragon flies with their iridescent wings and graceful flights and to have one sit for a moment on me was a lovely simple pleasure.



Even if you are not a member of A Cherry on Top, I'd love to hear from you about one of your simple pleasures. Hope you have a lovely day!

1 comment:

altar ego said...

Catching up with your posts after having been gone. Love the pictures of the boys, the garden, and your excellent projects! I know that I tell you often that you inspire me and then I have nothing to show for it, but it does make a difference in my day and in my soul. Thank you for that.