Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wed. already...where is the week going?

Not sure yet what today has in store today but we sure packed yesterday to the hilt. It was an 'everyone for themself" day. I headed to Janet's store (Scrapbooks Etc) in Bonita Springs for a nice long visit with her and her daughter Colleen whose boys have sure grown since I saw them last. I was having so much fun catching up with them that I didn't take a single picture of their lovely store on Bonita Beach Road so looks like, if you get to Bonita Springs Fl, you will just have to go by and see for yourself what a great store she has.

I headed back to the resort, picked up E and we headed to the little outlet mall that is on the way to Sanibel Island. Crocs at the outlet were buy 2 get 1 free so we did. E got a great pair of size 13s for himself, and we got a pair of size 5s for Landon and a free pair of 4s for Colvin. They have a long way to go to fill Papa's shoes. Ran into the kids at the mall so the boys left wearing their shoes!






Heading home, we decided to try a favorite place of my sister and her boyfriends, Nauti Turtles, and were treated to not only reasonably priced beer but great wings and a pork tenderloin sandwich that was excellent. This is quite a compliment coming from me...I am an Iowa/Mo. girl and NO ONE makes the tenderloin sandwiches like the roadside places on the Ia/Mo border. I am picky about that sandwich and, of course my toasted ravioli (St. Louis institution along with gooey buttercake).
The Nauti Turtle was the closest I've had in a good fifteen years with the sandwich.

I'll post some more pics later of the view. We will be returning to the Nauti Turtle (was Channel Mark for those who are local...MUCH MUCH improved).

1 comment:

LyndaKay said...

My list of must-explore shops and restaurants is growing!! The boys and their crocs....how cute.