Monday, October 17, 2011

What a great weekend

While it was a very busy and jam packed weekend, we did have tons of fun.  Friday was the crop at ACOT , which just ended yesterday evening with a chat with Jenni Bowlin.  I had the first shift with Pam B and, as always we had a great time. 

Our friend, Bob DeLay, came over and we all hopped the Jolly Trolley to the Clearwater Jazz festival in Coachman Park.  We loved Miss Tess and the Bon Ton Parards.  That young lady has the most remarkable voice and the band was a delight...oozing talent!  And the we were mesmerized by the unbelievable Brian Culbertson.  We had seen him before but if anything, he had gotten even better.  It was cool to find out that his dad, who was a high school band director recently retired after 39 years, had joined Brian's group playing trumpet.  I can see where Brian gets his talent!




..


Sat. morning, bright and early, I met up with Cynthia, Jacque and Di at Posh's parking lot to car pool down to the Colosseum in St. Pete for the fund raiser crop, Krop for Kids.  Dee and her friend, Julie, joined us for a wonderful day of creating.  I've been to some wonderful crops in my time but we were treated like princesses.  Our trash was emptied regularly for us, we were brought snacks and drinks right to our table...and the goody bag of donated items was something else.  I will definitely be going to this one again next year. 

Sunday was my "I am not doing anything I don't want to do"day so I didn't.  E watched one of the football games with Bob up at Lagerheadz and I read on the lanai and chatted on line with some of the gals who were still working the ACOT on line crop.  E and I dined on left overs al fresco on the lanai. 

And today is laundry day and catch up.  I need to iron and sort clothes for our get away weekend with Kim and Mitch on his boat.  We have the little guys all day tomorrow here (Chris has his study group to get ready for a test) and all day Wed. at their house. 

I got quite a bit done at the crop :  a mini album for Posh Scraps...all fall and fun.  One layout for Michelle's big Holiday Crop on Nov12 and even worked in some time on my fabric and paper album I've returned to after about a years haitus...will post a couple of those pages on my altered blog later if you are interested.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: