Monday, January 30, 2012

Catching up

I've fallen behind and I can't catch up...or something like that. These are a few of the pics from a week ago's Farmer's Market. I saw this bike outside one our little breakfast places in town and lusted after it. The rear platform has a beautiful painted hibiscus on it. Our veggie man here has the best produce and always has some samples to lure his customers. Doesn't take much to lure us.

The market has been moved back to Alt. 19 and Tarpon Ave in town from across from Tuela's and there are more and more booths.
This Sunday, instead of going to the market, we went out to lunch with Bill and Jo. We had thought that we had heard our Crab Shack place on the Coot River was still open but we heard wrong. We crossed 19 and headed to Cathers, Rum River Bar and Grill. The view is excellent and the food, though a bit pricey IMHO, was plentiful and tasty. Jo and I got the grilled fish with homemade chips, E got his fish fried and Bill got French Onion soup and a burger. I skipped the bun and sent half my chips home with Bill and Jo. We were all so full that none of us ate dinner last night.
Bill and Jo opted for an after lunch nap and we joined Suzie, Justin and a nice assortment of friends at Miss Vickie's for some late afternoon libations. While we were sipping and chatting, a boat on the river started smoking and the owner refused 2 offers of help from passing boaters. The Sea Tow headed out just as someone called 911. I kept waiting for the boat to explode but, thank heavens, it never did. The marine patrol and a fire truck were arriving just as we were leaving.
Our view at Rum River.
Today Jo and I walked Anderson Park for about a half hour. This is a lovely place bordering Lake Tarpon.


After our walk, we hit the antique stores in our historic down town here and ran into one of the gals from Book Club...life in our small village!

Oh, and before I forget, I announced the winners of the Trash to Treasures give aways on my altered blog. Congrats to all.

No comments: