Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

How can I thank you for the absolutely fun day at your house? Not only was the company superlative, the food divine but to leave with a piece of jewelry that (with a little help from my friends) I made!
Marcia is our winter friend from New Hampshire whom we met through Glo, whom I met through Sandy whom I met when she took one of my paper art classes way back when we first moved to Tarpon Springs almost five years ago. Now, all of us plus Jo when she moves here for two months every winter, are in Book club together. We discussed today how we all came together and how kindred spirits attract each other.Marcia had her friend, Sara Chadwick, visiting and, while Sara did not bead with us, she was studying up on her beads as her art gallery in New Mexico is going to start carrying Marcia's creations. Marcia was a silver artist among other careers and has now turned her interest to beads of all kinds. She was kind of enough to open her home and her beads with us and she and Glo shared their knowledge so generously.

I want to share the link to Sara's shop with you all...lovely lovely things . Be sure to check it out and tell her Jules sent you.

Marcia made the most wonderful chicken soup with a salsa by Sara
and here is our hostess with the mostess!
My necklace.
Sandy's necklace
L to R : Glo, Sandy, Jo, (hidding is Sara)and back to us, Marcia

I put a close up of my necklace on my altered blog. And, for those who are keeping count...Jo and I have 43 more toasts to go to make our 50 of our celebration of our 50 years of friendship.

No comments: